Sunday 7 August 2011

Last wedding of the year

Actually, strictly speaking it’s both the first and last wedding of the year. Guru and Lihua actually tied the knot in Shanghai in May but are having another reception over here in a few weeks. I really wish I could have been there to share in their special day and see Lihua in her three dresses. After all, it would have been my only chance to experience a real Chinese wedding. Unfortunately, the curse of the teacher struck as their chosen date lay in term time so there was no chance of me making the trip.

I’m very excited about the reception up North in a few weeks’ time though. They are having it in the Centre for Baltic Art in Gateshead and we are having a private viewing of the gallery in between the drinks reception and dinner. A wonderful idea…

To commemorate their marriage I’ve made them one of my stitched wedding samplers. This time I opted to use Stitching Cards dandelion design (slightly enlarged). It’s one of my favourites I think.

Lihua and Guru

I also put together a couple of birth samplers to stitch for the wonderful Arthur Anderson and Megan Thomas who were both born earlier this year. I’m really looking forward to meeting them and getting lots of cuddles later in August. Right now (Friday 29th July – had no decent internet access to upload this post since then) I’m on the train up to North Wales to get away from the big smoke and enjoy some overdue family time. I’ve got my cross-stitch with me so I’ll post an update at some stage to keep my husband happy. He keeps moaning that I’ve been neglecting it (which I really have) and says that he wants to see it hanging on the wall. That’s a long way off but his bribe of an offer of a present when I finish may motivate me just a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...