Sunday, 4 March 2012

Hummingbird cushion

My second attempt at making a beaded cushion was much more successful than the first. This was entirely due to transferring the pattern onto tissue paper (rather than using standard plain paper) and stitching through this onto my fabric. The tissue paper was very easy to remove and didn’t put the stiches under any pressure.


Once the tissue paper was removed I attached four widths of some complementary fabric around the design. I had a few issues with this fabric as it frayed incredibly easily and I had fears that it would tangle my sewing machine but I got there in the end.


Finally, I backed the cushion with a yellow fabric that matches the flowers in the border and stuffed it nice and plump. I’m thrilled with the result and can’t wait to hand it over as a thirtieth birthday present.


To accompany the present I made a very quick card…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...