Saturday 31 March 2012

Wooden Wedding Flowers

It occurred to me this morning that I have shared very few of my crafting exploits from my own wedding back in February 2009. I made all of the invites, orders of service, wine glass charms, favours, thank you cards and even the wedding cake (which is an amusing tale that I shall share another time…). The biggest task that I set myself was to do all of the wedding flowers – bride, bridesmaids, buttonholes, table centrepieces and thank you bouquets. I bought thousands of wooden roses and my lounge turned into a workshop for weeks. I loved it and even now, 3 years later, everywhere I go people have our wedding flowers on show in their homes. When I chose to use wooden roses it was due to the time of the year that we were getting married and the fact that I wanted to do them all myself. There was no way I could have done it on my own with real flowers. I hadn’t thought about the fact that they’d last forever but it was a great bonus.

Anyway, here they are…

Katryn’s bridesmaid flowers

bradnum_083_blog

 

Men’s buttonhole – I made them for the women as well but they had two cream roses

bradnum_055_blog

 

My flowers

bradnum_194_blog

 

Centrepieces for the tables named after the Islands of the Outer Hebrides

bradnum_350_blog

 

Small arrangement for each person at the reception

bradnum_341_blog

I hadn’t expected guests to use them quite like this…

bradnum_430_blogbradnum_476_blog     bradnum_466_blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...