Monday 4 June 2012

First attempt to use Bondaweb

This is the first time I have tried to use Bondaweb. It’s an iron-on transfer adhesive that I am so far not 100% convinced by.

P1060223_blog

I traced the bird motif from Sew (Cath Kidston) They use it for a mobile and cot quilt but I used it for a simple birthday card. I then ironed the adhesive onto the wrong side of the fabric (accidently attaching it to the ironing board as well – oops). I then cut the motif out and peeled off the backing paper and ironed the wing onto the bird. I adorned the fabric bird with a few stitches and a beady eye. Finally, I mounted it all onto a card and popped it in the post! Happy birthday Ruth…

P1060225_blog

I had been under the impression that this bondaweb would stop the fabric fraying but it didn’t this time, hence my dissatisfaction. It may be that I didn’t iron it hard or long enough so I’ll reserve judgement for now and try again some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...