Saturday 19 January 2013

Weaving Hama Beads

Back to university and hama beads for this post. A slightly unconventional but not unprecedented use of these beads is to weave mats or door hangers with them…

This first piece hung proudly on my door at uni…

P1010120i

The second hung on David’s door. It would appear that I laid claim to two rooms at Girton…

P1010121i

I guess this third one was created whilst I was having a romantic moment but I don’t really remember. I do know that I planned them all meticulously and that they were very satisfying to make.

P1010119i

When googling “hama bead weaving” to see if this was an appropriate name to call the craft I stumbled across this beautiful piece on MiniEco. I’ve hyperlinked the screenshot for you to find out more for yourself.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...