Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Pompom Skirt Mark 2


Having seen the pompom skirt that I made for Jessica, Katryn requested that I make one for her too. This gave me the opportunity to hone the design and incorporate a different waistband. I found it so difficult to stretch the elastic through the sewing machine so I opted for threading it through a folded and stitched casing at the waist. It gave a much cleaner finish and has made me determined to make more skirts in the spring. Even with the two layers of fabric and pompoms it only took me about an hour from start to finish.

I just wish my model would let me take a normal photograph of her. These were the most sensible shots I managed and it only got worse when Archie and Jessica got involved too!

Blog_140     Blog_141

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...