Thursday 21 September 2017

Portraits on Acetate

It's more than a decade since I regularly used acetates in my lessons yet I had a packet of them upstairs in my craft room completely covered in A-level Maths. I sat in front of the telly meticulously cleaning them last night before putting card frames around a few of them to use with Jessica. 



This afternoon we tried a couple of different ways to draw portraits on acetate. Firstly I held the acetate to my face and asked her to draw me. It isn't the first time we've done it but this time she neglected to give me a mouth and my nose is enormous! However, I'm particularly pleased with my eyelashes...


Next we placed a photograph under some acetate and drew over the top. This encouraged her to really look at the features and she drew hair around her face rather than sticking up out the top of her head for the first time. We taped the photo and acetate to the table and used Sharpies to draw on the acetate.



Here was my effort with the same photograph last night...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...