Friday 6 October 2017

Granny Square Poncho

Jessica constantly wants to wrap a blanket around her shoulders so I thought I'd make her a crocheted poncho. That way she can at least keep her arms free. I've essentially made a granny square blanket with the middle missing and a tassel attached...


I began by making a chain long enough to easily fit over Jessica's head and slip stitched it back together to form a loop. I then stitched the sixth round of a standard granny square (6 lots of 3tr 1ch on each side followed by 2ch for each corner) and continued to the twentieth round before completing with a double V edging. Once I'd sewn the ends in I threaded a piece of wool through the neckline (so that the poncho can be tightened once on) and attached a tassel to finish it off.  


Here's my little model showing it off...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...