Friday 22 June 2018

Handprints


I think it's really important to craft and create alongside Jess. I try not to do the same as her because that tends to deflate her and she will say that there's no point in her drawing a fox, for example, if mine is better than hers. However, it's good for her to see me playing, painting and making mistakes and for us to discuss creative processes. When we're painting I'll often get out my watercolours alongside hers and talk about what we both feel like painting today. She sees me plan, try, often fail, sometimes manage to salvage and always concentrate hard on what I'm doing. Crucially, we relax together and enjoy each others company while doing something productive. This handprint picture was a fun piece that I created during one such session. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...