Monday 28 January 2013

Needle Felting with Cat Hair

This is the ultimate upcycling project! Who knew you could make use of all that pesky cat hair?!

Inspired by a book that I saw on amazon but do not own and do not intend to buy (Crafting with Cat Hair: Handicraft to Make with Your Cat) I brushed Fanta and Queequag this weekend to gather some cat hair in preparation for an attempt to needle felt with it. I actually think I chose the more difficult fur to use as Fanta’s hair is much more coarse and kept sticking in the foam mat that I use. Quee’s is softer and feels more like the wool I have used before but I had managed to collect a lot more of Fanta’s fur meaning that I had enough to actually create something worthwhile. I’ve used wire for the whiskers and mini brads for the eyes and nose. He’s so cute!

IMG_0266_fb

He went from this…

IMG_0264_fb

To this in a matter of minutes…

IMG_0272_fb

IMG_0273_fb

2 comments:

  1. Hey Suzanne,

    I love seeing all your projects - you are so inventive! Having just acquired two small and boisterous cats, I think I might have to file this one for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill,

      The response from most people has been one of utter disgust so I'm glad you liked it!

      How are Dan and the other one (has she got a name yet?) getting on in their new home? They are absolutely gorgeous by the way.

      Love to you and Steve.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...