Monday, 27 February 2017


I ran this tepee up in one evening last spring. It is constructed for function rather than aesthetic appeal so I really didn't worry too much about care and precision on this occasion. It's a bit rough around the edges but Jessica spent many a happy hour in it with her books and teddy bears last year.

I cut out isosceles triangles from a duvet cover and some other fabrics I had stashed away. I don't know what possessed me to make a hexagonal tepee rather than a square one, which would have saved a fair amount of time. It does give Jessica a lot more space in there though. Anyway, I stitched the door first, using three pieces stitched to form a triangle the required size. It has a top panel and the two side flaps. Next I started sewing the sides together creating channels for the bamboo canes to be threaded through. I found that my purple fabric wasn't as wide as I needed so decided to leave those two sides short, which ended up being a positive as Jess uses those sides to peek over...

At the top of each side panel I attached a KAM snap to be connected to three ribbons that also had KAM snaps attached the the ends of them. I can't wait to get it back out of storage again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...