Saturday 20 February 2021

Mindful Crafts - Macramé kit

It's time to catch up again! Other things have got in the way of sharing my crafts since my home was invaded, once again, by work and schooling but, mercifully, I have managed to squeeze in the time to do some more crafting at the start of 2021. 

The first exploit of the year took the form of a macramé wall hanging kit from Mindful Crafts. A lovely, well thought out kit with clear and simple instructions, this was the perfect kit for our first Crafterzoom session (massive thank you to Hannah for initiating this - it's doing me the world of good). Jessica and I had dabbled with macramé during the first lockdown but I am most certainly still a beginner and this kit was pitched just right. It took us the evening to complete and we were both pleased with the results, I think?!


As is customary in this household, when Jessica saw my effort she wanted to have a go herself. So, out came the dowel and chunky wool and we went through the instructions again. These now hang side by side in our lounge turning slowly in the convection currents from the radiator below them. A first macramé project but definitely not our last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...